Tuesday, 10 July 2007

Ramblings

I find myself wishing for the second semester to start, so that work will be a little more interesting and a whole lot less boring. My husband and I went to the uni library last night to check if our theses had been put onto the shelf already. "Still processing". I remember the days when I would be in that library literally every day. Still trying to decide whether I miss studying or not. In a way it's nice to have the freedom of studying - get up late, work til the early hours of the morning, big career dreams still intact...

I shudder to think that I might have fallen into a rut. I mean, life is great to the naked eye. I have a wonderful husband, a warm bed to sleep in, a roof over my head, a few good genuine friends, an income... Could it be that money is the problem? Money can't buy you happiness. Right?

It would sure help though. Imagine we wouldn't have to count every penny and think 5 times before we go to the movies or have a drink. Imagine we could go out to dinner more than once every 2 months. Imagine we could go away for the weekend, or fly to Cape Town for a getaway, or buy a new outfit just because we're worth it. Imagine we could have lasagne whenever we feel like it, or buy butter instead of margarine and nice-smelling tile cleaner instead of using Handy Andy for everything.

*Gnome starts feeling sorry for herself and decides its better for her health to stop and think of the fact that she at least still has the luxury of a warm bed, an amazing husband and the prospect of warm meals during these cold days*

1 comment:

LT said...

I feel your pain.

Just take this as a time that will allow you to appreciate everything once this "drought" is over.

It will come!!!! And I won't take anything else as an answer. (dunno if I could handle any other *smirk*)

Just believe.

It's so easy to say, but so hard to do, but I know I have to try stay positive...
Just know I really know what it's like.