Friday, 13 July 2007

Curry

Even though I am risking scaring some people off, I just have to share this with the blogosphere. We had a wonderful, hot curry last night. My husband is an EXCELLENT cook, and he made the curry just right - delicious and just below the too hot mark. My constitution is, however, rather... sensitive. And today has left me with a slightly churning tummy and some unwanted... *Gnome whispers the word so that no-one else can hear* ... flatulence. This leaves me with 2 options. Keep it in or let it out.

*Gnome contemplates the utter discomfort of keeping it in and shudders at the thought of a bloated and sore tummy*

So this morning when I was doing the price changes in the stationery section, I found some temporary relief at the ring-bound files. To my horror, however, the little monster was not only silent but rather violent as well.

*Gnome cringes, very embarrassed*

Any one of my colleagues or customers that would be unfortunate enough to come near me would know that I had had curry last night! I prayed hard and waited for the monster to evaporate. Whew. I was lucky this time round...

And here I sit with a churning tummy, preparing myself for some uncomfortable hours before lunch, wondering whether I'm the only one that has a problem with these things at work...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

UH NO!
I am always trying to hold in my fart at work. but when Im in my car, I let rip. Sometimes I sit at home alone and just let it go...its such a relief...but man oh man...I pray the day never comes when I think Im too at home- at the office...I scratched in my nose once. Right here>>UUGH!

LT said...

Whahahahahahahah
*wipes a tear from her eyes*

St John's/Bethlehem said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one Mrs M :-) Thanks for the comradery LT!