Thursday, 19 July 2007

Husbandless

I SERIOUSLY take my hat off (I nearly wrote: take my fat off) to the likes of Mrs M and LT that spend a lot of time (all of their time in the case of Mrs M) away from their husbands. It's been one day and I am pining for him. When I came home from work yesterday it felt like I might as well stay at work since I'm not going home to much. It was rather depressing! And I keep checking my phone to see if he's sent me a msg.

Maybe I'm really feeling it because most of our friends are on holiday, so the only people I see are my colleagues at work. I think I should use this time to do some introspection, spend more time with God, paint my toenails, clean up the kitchen cupboards... Or something. LUCKILY I located one lone friend that is still here, so I'm having dinner with her tonight. Whew.

How do people cope with this?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

we cope by trying to take our fat off, and not thinking about it too much. Of course, the latter is not possible, so we just...try to take our fat off

St John's/Bethlehem said...

LOL. How's that working for you Mrs M?

Anonymous said...

I have a friend whose husband is a professional hunter and her husband is gone for weeks and sometimes months on end! I admire the way she deals with it! Me personally I don't handle that too well, good days and bad days I guess! I always have to get used to spending time with myself! Glad I you as a friend. :-)

Unknown said...

Oh well, I just came back from a gatsby lunch, so you can make your own conclusions (it's TObes'fault!)

LT said...

Well...

I try to keep busy, try to entertain DW, and I do have 2 cats and a dog, so that always makes me HAVE to do something. Before DW I would just work all the time, continuously. And when DW was little I just didn't want to go anywhere and do anything.

It doesn't get any easier!!!

I read a lot and have a huge movie library!!!

I take it day by day, but I still seem to just scrape by.

*sigh*

St John's/Bethlehem said...

I really admire you LT. Hang in there. You are very resilient! Mrs M you are beautiful just the way you are!!!