Friday, 20 July 2007

10 worst moments

Having just done my 10 (11) best moments, I feel compelled to do 10 worst moments (Gnome logic). Here they are (in no specific order):

1. Being hijacked and having to cope with the aftermath (nightmares, sleepless nights, fears).

2. Finding out that my ex cheated on me.

3. Failing my drivers the first time. I went home and cried for hours. The maid from next door even came to see what all the wailing was about. I think she thought that someone had died or something. I think I even smashed a mirror...

4. Being teased at primary school for being fat. People called me "fattie", or said things like "You're bulging out of that dress".

5. When the best and closest friend I ever had stabbed me unexpectedly in the back - she took very personal information I had confided in her and threw it back in my face. Basically because I didn't really approve of the guy she was with (they are now married). It still hurts over a year later.

6. Hearing (twice) that I had not been accepted into the Masters Psychology programme.

7. Going to counselling after the hijack and ending up dredging up old childhood issues. Needless to say when you go for counselling things first get worse (MUCH worse) before they get better.

8. Having to say goodbye to a bunch of people I spent 4 months living with in Germany (we did a course together). I cried for hours. Not for the fact that I would never see these people again, but for the fact that things would never be the same again - we would never be together like that again. I was saying goodbye to a whole experience (a wonderful one). This goes for all other things I've had to say goodbye to.

9. Feeling purposeless.

10. Finding out that all the information (random stuff I had written) on a disk I had lent to someone was wiped off. I cried and cried. This is the day my dad taught me about backups.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Know all about the primary school teasing! Still makes me feel insecure at times! But its been easier to deal with cause I've got someone who loves me for who I am and not what I might look like! :-)

St John's/Bethlehem said...

Yip. Took me a long time to get over it. Kids can be so cruel! But as you say, thank goodness we've got people in our lives that love us for the inside (and the outside I must add - because we are beautiful in and out B!!)

LT said...

wow,

I'm just glad I wasn't on any end of your top 10 list... (as far as I know?? *blackouts anyone?* )

I just remember being the new kid in primary school and wanting to be your friend :p