Friday, 20 July 2007

10 best moments... Make that 11

I've been tagged by Toby to record the 10 (OK 11) best moments of my life. So here goes...

1. Our wedding day! Despite all the stress of organisation before the time, this day was the happiest of my life (so far!). And of course the Honeymoon... :-)

2. The day we got engaged. It was winter in CT and we went up the Tygerberg Nature Reserve on a cold and rainy day, read a bit from the Bible, while having a hot cup of coffee. Then he brought out a flower and a ring and asked me if I'd marry him. We cried and floated on cloud 9 the whole day.

3. Finishing the Two Oceans Half Marathon in 2 hours and 11 minutes. And finishing another half marathon in just under 2 hours. Actually any time I attempt a challenging sports event - like cycling 100 km with my dad... At arrival you feel like you can conquer the world.

4. The first time I flew to Germany with my family. I was 8 and I just couldn't contain my excitement for about a week before the time (I think I was more excited about flying than I was about going to another country!).

5. The day I realised that Jesus loves me and has forgiven all my sins, and that I'm going to heaven.

6. The day I got my driver's licence, and subsequently my car (half a year later).

7. My matric dance. I had lost a lot of weight in Grade 11 and 12, and this was the first time I had really dressed up and done my hair etc. For the first time ever I actually felt beautiful. Some people didn't even recognise me!

8. The first time my husband said: I love you.

9. The first holiday my husband and I went on - we drove from PMB to Bloem, to PE, and then the Garden Route down to CT. My husband had never been to CT or the Garden Route, and his happiness and awe at the beauty of the scenery made me incredibly happy, and honoured that we could share these moments together.

10. Getting 73% for my Masters Dissertation and just generally passing reasonably well at Masters level in a subject that was unfamiliar to me.

11. When I realise that I have good friends and family that appreciate and love me for who I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I didn't know you have done marathons! May there be many more best moments!!!

St John's/Bethlehem said...

Well... They were really only HALF marathons...