Tuesday, 07 August 2007

Winter day

It doesn't happen very often that PMB is cold. But today is a gloriously Capetonian-winter day. Rainy and miserable. I see on the news all the time how Cape Town is hit by cold front after cold front. I know it gets pretty miserable after a while (having endured several Cape winters myself) but once in a while I welcome these days.

I just had an amazing cappuccino (compliments of a dear friend who brought it all the way from Germany). It is a delicious concoction of hot coffee goodness mixed with a chocolately taste, producing a soothingly smooth and warming drink sensation.

This weather makes me think of home, of school days gone by, waiting in the mornings outside the school door shivering in your stockings and blazer... Of sport being cancelled due to rain, and being home earlier than usual, in time to watch some mindless cartoons, or curl up in bed with homework. Of sitting on the couch with a warm blanket and hot chocolate, talking for hours on the phone to your girl friends (before your parents got home from work) about teachers, homework, school and boys...

No comments: