Friday, 03 August 2007

Laziness

I'm sure most have you have had to do groupwork somewhere along the line in your lives. In a group you get 2 types of people: those that actually do the work, and those that don't work and just sponge off the rest.

I was always the unfortunate idiot who would end up doing the work.

I have worked in some groups, however, where there has been excellent teamwork - where everyone had pulled their weight. My colleagues at the moment are a shining example of this. Everyone helps the other out when there is a need. Especially during the busy time now. I don't hesitate to ask my colleagues for help if I need it, and they all always willing to help.

Except one guy.

Oh. my. hat.

This bloke literally sits in front of his computer most of the day reading stories. Rarely he will come to the front to help. When you ask him to help you with something it seems as though he is really irritated with you for tearing him away from his "work". When the phone rings, he hardly ever picks it up - only when it's rung at least 7 times does he bother with it. If we're not that busy, this means that he manages to avoid helping customers in person as well as on the phone ALL DAY.

This really really really really grates my carrot.

No comments: