Thursday, 16 August 2007

Humility (extreme lack thereof)

Oh.My.Gosh.

I've just witnessed the most revolting, unashamed display of boasting. And it's making me feel physically ill.

One of the guys working with us at the moment (2nd semester rush) just grates me the wrong way. I haven't come across a more insincere, manipulative, insecure braggart since my ex.

Luckily he has figured out that he's not my favourite person, and thankfully steers clear of me. Too bad for the girl that we work with - he just won't leave her alone (admittedly she is a lot friendlier to him than I am).

Fate will have it that she is looking for a (better) job at the moment. The braggart took it upon himself to sms his bank manager friend and organise an interview for her. Since the manager friend agreed, he has been telling everyone that walks through the door about what he did for her (out of the goodness of his heart).

I could hardly believe my ears when he repeated the story for the umpteenth time to a pair of pretty girls who were discussing philosophy:
"So my colleague here is looking for a permanent job. She's got an Honours in Marketing. I sent this sms to my bank manager friend, right, and he said she must come in for an interview at 9 on Wednesday. I did that because I just love helping people. Not for any other reason. It's just good to help people out. I don't do it because I have to or because someone tells me to do it. I just love helping people out."

Right.
Noddy badge for you.

And it really helps to boost your self-esteem when you tell the whole world about it.

ARG.

This has just given me a headache...

No comments: