Tuesday, 19 June 2007

Office Politics

I've always heard about other people's office politics; how horrible it is to have to work with people you don't like or that don't like you; people talking behind your back, or little cliques forming. I've thankfully been spared this up to now. The people I work with are all great. And if I do have something to moan about, I definitely don't go to another colleague to discuss it, but rather go home and lament to my husband. A few weeks ago, a new lady joined the ranks, and in the beginning it was all good. We all laughed together and generally I think we were all relieved that she fit in with us. But recently the cracks have been showing. The new colleague seems to have developed a slight apprehension towards another colleague. But the worst of it is that she tends to tell all other colleagues about it - when the one she dislikes' back is turned. It's actually a little disturbing how some rally around her to hear the new whispers of gossip about "what he has said now". Sometimes she makes disgusted faces in my direction when the colleague in question has just said something she doesn't approve of. I have no problem with her having a personality clash with the guy, but I hate being involved in it! It's like she's forcing me to choose sides and I hate it. Can't we just all get along...?

No comments: