Wednesday, 13 June 2007

Exhausting boredom

It seems like everything is closed today. The garage we wanted to take the car to this morning to be fixed is closed; schools are closed; public and private sector workers are at home; public transport is not running; the streets are deserted. Can you imagine what a pleasure it must be to be working today.

Unfortunately I am one of those lucky ones. I think we have had 4 entire sales today. And it's nearly 15:00. I have spent the day surfing the net and basically twiddling my thumbs. Many of the businesses I tried to phone today regarding accounts were just not open. Today has just been so pointless. It has probably cost the company more to open the shop today than we have brought in. It's on days like these that I wish I lived further away and needed to take public transport to work. We were all secretly hoping we would get intimidated by strikers into closing the shop today. We were thinking of phoning our friends to come and do some intimidation.

So here I am, exhausted from boredom, while my husband is out having coffee with our friends.

No comments: