Thursday, 28 June 2007

Don't mess with my man

For those who know me, know that I'm a rather peaceful person. I forgive easily, and hate conflict situations. As a matter of fact, I would much rather avoid them, or sort them out as soon as possible. I can't stay angry long at anyone - even if I try. But yesterday I surprised even myself. My husband's well-being was being threatened and something in me I have seldom been aware of caught fire and exploded in me like an angry serpent rearing its head. I responded in a weirdly calm way, but in such a way that put my point across beautifully. I felt as though I had 10 cups of strong coffee - the adrenaline was pumping in my veins. It was only later that it become clear to me what I had done, and it seemed a little out of character. Yet I still stand by what I did. I take full responsibility, and, as it turns out, it was the right thing to do. Let this be a warning: don't mess with those that I love; especially not my man :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OOOH!!!!!
Good for you Gnome! I feel exactly the same about my man..

LT said...

LOL

I guess I'm rubbing off on you two!!

Good for you Gnome, I really wish I could've seen that, I have seen you annoyed, but that's about it!!

St John's/Bethlehem said...

Yip, it does seem that you have left your mark on me, LT :-)