Wednesday, 27 June 2007

Heaven

My husband and I were speaking about heaven last night. Sometimes we both wish we were there already. How wonderful to be with God all the time and to have no worries about money or the future or whatever. We wondered, though, how it would be. No physical bodies, just souls... Floating around? Do other souls recognise each other? I really hope so! Would want to recognise my husband and good friends and family in heaven. Or do you not remember what happened on earth? Or don't you care? Do you miss those that you love when you're in heaven? Probably not because it's so awesome to be in God's presence. But when people on earth that you love miss you, surely you feel something? Or don't we feel in heaven? Maybe there's no time there, so it doesn't matter how long you spend away from your loved ones... I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All interesting questions. I would have to think that heaven is whatever anyone wants it be. That means that if I just want to eat millions of hot dogs (which I don't), I can. If you want to hang out with all the great people you know, you can. At least I always liked that theory. And if someone else wants to be be bodiless and effectively invisible, they can do that too.