Tuesday, 19 June 2007

Irritated

Some people can be really rude. A bloke has phoned twice now because he supposedly received a missed call from our number. The first time he incoherently gave his name, didn't explain at all why he was calling and then still sounded irritated when I asked what he was after. I asked all my colleagues whether they had called someone by his name. No-one had.
"I've asked all my colleagues and no-one's called you, sir."
"WHAT?"
I repeated what I'd said. He rudely said "Where are you calling from?"
I said the name of the shop about 3 times, always to be greeted with a rude "WHAT?".
Still you need to stay polite, right?
Not 10 minutes later the same guy phoned. Without allowing me to say a word, he just gave me his number (?!) and said someone had called him. I tried to keep my voice as polite and calm as possible.
"You've just phoned, sir, and no-one has called you from here."
"Yes I just phoned."
(DUH)
"No-one's called you."
"What company are you?"
I repeated our name another 3 times, with the same rude "WHAT?" from the guy in between. Eventually he finally seemed to get the message.
Now that I think about it, maybe he wasn't rude, but just really stupid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I experience something similar at wrok everyday! People calling the wrong number and insisting they are not in the wrong! Then being so rude and demanding we give the the correct number! Like we are a phone book! Please, get a life!