Tuesday, 18 September 2007

Unlikely friends

Ever been friends with someone that's just not your type?

I was (am?) friends with a real Durban girl. She is everything I am not. Glamorous, blonde, fashion-conscious, male-attracting and has tons of glamorous friends. I am rather takkies-and-jeans-wearing and at-home-staying, and definitely not blonde, and have a handful of friends. Yet somehow we managed to have quite a cool and even deep friendship. I've just been looking at her birthday party pics on Facebook. It was such an upper class affair... I just can't believe that I was friends with one of these elite, beautiful people.

It feels like we crossed a serious class barrier or something... I am actually quite afraid to see her again, in case she suddenly realises that we are actually, after all, not in the same league.

No comments: