Friday, 07 September 2007

Pick n Pay

On my way up the stairs to our flat yesterday afternoon, I encountered a guy that works and lives on the grounds.

Guy: Sorry, can I ask you where you work?

Gnome: ***** (in retail)

Guy: Oh I see. I was having a discussion with someone the other day about where you work. We said your uniform suggests that you are a manager at Pick n Pay or something! But I said, no, she simply can't be a manager at Pick n Pay. I mean, you did your Masters last year!

Gnome: *Laughs* (awkwardly) and thinks she would probably prefer being a manager at Pick n Pay (and probably would get paid more too).

Guy: Well, thanks for not getting offended!

Gnome: (Grins while she lies blatantly) No problem.

*Gnome proceeds home and has a few glasses of wine (in short succession)*

No comments: