Tuesday, 11 September 2007

Songs I hate

1.) Any song by UB40. They all just sound the same to me. Not only that, but the lead singer sounds really bored, and I just don't like his voice. And he's not always on key either.

2.) "Shut up and sleep with me" by Sin with Sebastian. The depth of the lyrics is astounding.

3.) "I said I loved you but I lied" by Michael Bolton. Not sure why I don't like it. I just don't.

4.) "If you don't know me by now" by Simply Red. I just don't find it has anything to offer me. It drags on and it sounds like he's whining.

5.) "(Don't know what it's called!)" by Jennifer Lopez. I have not heard a more REPETITIVE song in my life. It's slowly driving me insane. It starts with this repetitive horn-sounding, up-and-down tune, which is repeated throughout the song.

6.) "Evergreen" by Will Young. Initially I had nothing against this song, but it was SO overplayed that I now hate it. Too soppy and just hate it.

7.) Mariah Carey when she sings really high. After "Hero" I just haven't connected with her music. Especially when she shows off by singing in a ridiculously high octave.

8.) "Hey Baby" by DJ Ötzi. Initially I could also handle this one, but heard it in Germany for months, and then again here in SA for more months. Just so overplayed and really mindless. It might be slightly enjoyable if you're really hammered on a tropical island somewhere on holiday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let's see:
There's this one song that has a nice melody but starts off with I used to hit you and that's your fault or something like that. PATHETIC!
Hey, what song by Jenny from the Block?

St John's/Bethlehem said...

I wish I knew which song from J.Lo. Have tried to search for it on the Net but nothing rings a bell. Just know it's very irrtating. Anybody know?? *Gnome wishes she could sing the melody to Mrs M*