Wednesday, 19 September 2007

Girliness

After much careful planning we finally had the long awaited girl's night on Friday. I can't believe how excited I was. I wasn't always this girly...

I grew up very much as a tom boy. I'm told that I played with cars when I was small. Somewhere at the end of primary school I started watching cricket, and have been doing so ever since. In High School I would buy shoes in the men's section, and wear nothing but jeans (or shorts) and t-shirts. What I knew about make-up was scary. The only remotely girly thing I did was dye my hair (way too many times).

After Matric I cut my hair really short, and for a whole year people would mistake me for a guy (this is another post altogether though). I used to get really offended, and finally grew my hair again.

During my studies I had some girly girl friends, and they often encouraged me to pluck my eyebrows, wear make-up, and paint my toenails. They would even inspire me to buy girly clothes, or freely share advice on what I should wear. I liked being pampered. All girls do.

But I think it was only really when I met my husband that I started embracing this whole girl thing fully. I started buying skirts (and love wearing them), I got my ears pierced and ADORE wearing earrings. I love putting on make-up and straightening my hair. I wish I could go to the hairdresser more often and crave going shopping for new outfits. I just love feeling beautiful and girly.

*HELP*

I'm still not a overboard girl though - I still watch cricket (and we even watched the rugby at our girl's night on Friday!!), but I love being feminine and looking the part. I was surprised that I seemed to be the one with the most make-up at the girl's night!
I've been waiting the whole week for nice weather so that I can wear open shoes to show off my beautifully painted toenails... :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

kyk die toontjies~!

St John's/Bethlehem said...

LOL

LT said...

Wow did you actually paint it pink with red stripes!!!

WOW I never thought I would see the day, you are girlier than me!!!

Dis oulik!!!

St John's/Bethlehem said...

*Girly Giggle* Yes believe it or not, I am loving my pink and red(ish) striped toenails :-)