Friday, 30 November 2007

Do you ever...

Do you ever feel like you do all the work? It seems as though, lately, whenever I walk into the manager’s office she is playing Free Cell. Or when there’s an order to be done, she hands it to me and carries on with Free Cell. Or she is gone for half of the day to go to the bank (translation: she has gone to get her nails done). She’s really sweet and we get on etc, but I sometimes wonder if she’s a bit lazy... or if I’m just a bit ambitious.

Today was one of those days. We were the only 2 in the shop – all other colleagues on holiday or have the day off. She had another "emergency" (picking up sister’s report from school), so I was left by myself. I arranged for my husband to come so I wouldn’t be alone, but he was having our piece of junk car fixed. Maybe I don’t realise how much happens during a day at work, but having to handle everything by myself was rather taxing – all phonecalls, all customers, all quotes, all queries. I feel like I’ve worked for HOURS.

As soon as I had thought I’d finished everything, something else came up. And then something else. And so, I am writing this while still procrastinating about that stationery order that is incomplete. I’m leaving that for Monday though. Laziness loves company.

Am SO looking forward to this weekend. I've had too many late nights this week. So tomorrow I can sleep late AND we are going clothes shopping with birthday money!

All this random dribble when my friend Mrs M is about to leave the country. Work and life seems a little insignificant at the moment compared to this looming major event. In a way I am glad I am not there to see her off. I don’t think I would be able to handle it. Having to watch as your very good friend of so many years walks through the gate to board the plane to America forever… I’m not sure my heart could hold it. I hope I am not making the farewell more painful for you Mrs M… I am SO very pleased that you got your Visa and that you will FINALLY be able to see your husband.

I'm just gonna miss you, that's all.

:(

2 comments:

LT said...

I know how you feel Gnome, I always feel like I do one thing and then I find something else needing to be done etc etc etc

It's the never ending story all over again... *sigh*

Just enjoy your weekend. I wish I could sleep late, the last time I slept late was when I was pregnant, so that's over 2 years ago. My day starts between 06:00 - 07:00 everyday.

As for Mrs M, well you and hubby will have to come visit!! I know I would LOVE to see you again. I'm waiting with bated till she comes.
It's sort of lonely now alone without hubby and just toddler talk 24/7.

Unknown said...

well LT we certainly will be chatting on a more regular basis!

Gnome, my dearest dearest Gnome...(wish I could've given you the ID in person, hehe)no you haven't made the thought of the departure worse, in fact I think it's rather touching, you're the fourth friend to say that they don't think they could handle it. Personally I don't think I could handle it either. I'm going to miss you very very very much...you know that. BUT we'll have blogs and e-mail. I know it won't be the same, but please just know that I love you very much.

Enjy clothes shopping!!!!!! My favorite pastime after all, cept I kinda need to save for my dollahs now. HA!

Love you