Friday, 16 November 2007

Christmas Party and More

I'm looking pretty cute today.

Got my little red and white Christmas hat with fake white hair extension braids sticking out on either side. Hats suit me I think. My husband thinks I look cute - like a German. The only uninvited guest on my face at the moment is a horrible pimple. As usual it has come at the wrong time: our Company's Christmas Party is tonight. Nothing concealer can't fix though.

Still deciding what to wear. Don't wanna pitch up looking too formal, but on the other hand your colleagues have only ever seen you wearing your work shirt. In a way you do want to make a bit of an impression. Like, this is the real Gnome. Better pluck my eyebrows. And should I wear makeup? I hardly ever do. Only for special occasions. Does this count as such an occasion?

Sat for a long time studying the menu of the place we're going to tonight. We had to give our orders in this morning already. You have to be careful of your choices. You don't want to choose something that could be potentially embarrassing - such as prawns or chicken or something that you would have to approach with knife and fork, and then have to leave a lot of the meat on the bone. Rather get something you can just shovel down and make sure you use all the money the stingy company has allocated to you.

I've always had trouble choosing what to eat. Once I find a good dish I seem to stick to it. Which is so boring! I wish I was more adventurous with my food choices... I've become rather dependent on my husband when it comes to choosing dishes. He seems to know exactly what I want. He makes deciding what to eat so much easier. He's totally taken to the whole cooking thing as well. I hardly ever cook anymore. The only thing I make is salad. I really bagged a winner. *Gnome is so proud of her choice of husband*

So my colleague wanted to know if I've got any good jokes for tonight. God forbid I'd have to tell a joke. I am so bad, and when I try, they ALWAYS fall flat and people just don't laugh. Cringe. Luckily our one colleague is a bit of a loud mouth, so rest assured, we won't have to make too much needless conversation. I'm actually just there for the food after all.

No comments: