Wednesday, 05 December 2007

Sick Day

For the second time in my life I had to call in sick yesterday. Yip. The last time I had to miss a day of anything (school it was back then) was in Grade 9 when I woke up in the middle of the night and had to hurl. Needless to say I stayed at home. I’m not one of those people that stay at home for every tiny little sign of illness. I’d rather go to work/school. Only if it’s bad. Really bad.

This was really bad:
On Monday night I went to bed with a rather wonky tummy. Queasy. Blegh. Nature came calling at 12 am and I didn’t get to sleep much until 3. Every time I would nearly fall asleep again I had to run back to the loo so as not to poop in my bed (sorry if TMI…). I was so exhausted, I think I finally slept for 2 hours until 5 when the whole thing happened all over again. It was pointless even going back to bed, I just stayed on the loo with a book. I just don’t know where all that poop came from! Surely I don’t eat that much…

The bright spark that I am, I only realised at 6am that I still had some pills for this very condition from a previous time. I took them and managed to get some rest, but had decided while nearly falling asleep on the loo at 5 in the morning that there was no way in hell I was going to work like this.

MAN.

What did I used to do at home during University holidays? My day at home was decidedly B O R I N G. Was really wonderful to see my husband, of course, but we couldn’t do anything cause I was sick. I was in bed all day. I played a game, read (a lot), slept (a lot), ate some crackers, drank some horribly milky medicine that was supposed to settle my stomach, and that was the end of my day.

BLEH.

4 comments:

LT said...

Oh Gnome,
I'm so sorry to hear that, I must've been having sympathy pains this side, my stomach hurt so bad I thought I was going to be stuck on the toilet all day.
Luckily I have a Doctor friend that lives next door.. hehe needless to say I was better in an hour :)

You should keep the pills right by the toilet so if it happens again, you'll see them right away. I hate forgetting I have medication for something, way too late into the situation :(

TBHanks said...

Shame Gnome. I hope you get better soon.

Unknown said...

GNOME!!

Hope you feel better soon!

St John's/Bethlehem said...

Thank you friends :) I was feeling so much better until today! Today I feel even worse. *GROAN* And I'm at work :( Don't wanna be a sorry suzie but damn. Not sure what's going on with me... :(