Wednesday, 28 November 2007

25

So I’m 25 today.

*Gnome pauses for this to sink in*

I’d be lying if I said I really care about how old I am. I don’t really. Some people have mid-20s crises when they hit 25. Suddenly they think they are old. They take stock of their lives and wonder what they have accomplished in the first quarter of their lives on earth. I think I’ve done pretty well. Maybe not in the eyes of the world. I mean, I don’t own a car (anymore…), or a house, or even a flat; I don’t have a fantastic job that fulfils me and allows me to bring home buckets of cash (who does anyway). But I do have some other “things” that I am proud of.

I think I am a really good and loyal friend. I think I am accepting and caring and loving. I think I have a compassionate heart, and a good brain. Even though I am not a success story by the world’s standards, I am really very proud of the person that I am. Through all the experiences in my life, I have arrived at 25 with a positive attitude, a number of good friends, and very few regrets. I am a good wife, a good daughter, a good sister, a good friend.

I am proud of you, Gnome. Cheers to your 25th Birthday!

3 comments:

LT said...

Happy Birthday gnome.

I really do hope you have a fabulous day!!

Louisa said...

Happy Birthday Gnome!
Hope you have the best day ever and a kick-ass year ahead!

Unknown said...

Veels geluk liewe maatjie!!