Tuesday, 22 May 2007

A change would do you good

Everyone needs a change every now and then. Including the weather. From a really oppressive heat it has suddenly turned, bringing an icy wind and low temperatures.
I love winter.
I've heard it's snowing all over the country. Winter brings a wonderful excuse to indulge in comfort food - gluehwein and thick hot soups. Hot puddings and hot chocolate. Warm bed and a cuddle with your husband.
Too bad I have to use all my will power to pry myself from the comfort of my warm bed at 6:30 every morning. Reminds me of when I had to endure Cape winters and get up to go to school. But in those day I couldn't wear the cosy jeans I wear now... Then it had to be stockings and that sterile crispy cold white shirt. It seems there are some perks to being grown-up after all.
Today, since nature is into change, I have followed suit with my new background. A change is as good as a holiday they say.

What do "THEY" know anyway...

No comments: