Wednesday, 30 May 2007

Paw paw for lunch

Cake for breakfast automatically means paw paw for lunch.

Man, I sometimes hate the fact that I'm reasonably health-conscious. I always have fruit for breakfast - to give my body a chance to cleanse itself and get rid of all the toxins that I put in the day before. Fruit is best for this because it doesn't take long to digest - it just passes through - thus giving my body a chance to concentrate its energy on the cleansing process (move over Patrick Holford).

Besides, fruit for breakfast just makes me feel cleansed. I just feel good after I've eaten fruit. Too bad I also felt good this morning while eating a nice slice of pecan nut pie...

So here I am eating my carefully sliced paw paw for lunch. It's not bad, I really like paw paw. And, admittedly, I do feel good that I haven't overindulged, and managed to self-discipline myself to have fruit for lunch. Since starting this fruit for breakfast thing I've really gotten used to being hungry. From around 11 am, my tummy starts growling loudly. I quite like the feeling of being hungry. It makes me feel... thinner. This together with all the salad and vegetables we eat, and all the running we do, I'd say we're pretty healthy. And usually I feel good about that, and am very proud of how we manage to keep it up.

But sometimes, just sometimes (like today - wonder if this has anything to do with the pecan nut pie, lemon meringue pie and oreos waiting at home) I really irritate myself with this health crap. I'd love to just have a burger and chips right now, or a nice toasted sarmie with chicken mayo on it. Or a spinach and feta pie or a cheesy macaroni and cheese. Or bacon and avo bagel, or a savoury pancake or...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you just have to treat yourself! At least you will run it off!