Friday, 18 May 2007

So what do you do?

It's probably our weird sense of humour, but my husband and I often have a good laugh at some jobs people do. Like, have you ever thought that someone is in a studio singing "At Price & Pride, we're proud to say, that you come first in every way!" with so much emotion!
Imagine: "So, what do you do?"
(Proudly) "Well, I sing for the Price & Pride ad!"

Or "So what do you do?"
(Proudly) "Well, I am that woman that's got constipation in the senokot ad!"
or (proudly) "I am the woman from Sandton that eats Activia and can now poo again!"

There used to be a SA version of Medical Detectives. Often they would have reenactments of the crime. So imagine:
"What do you do?"
(Proudly) "I played the murderer in medical detectives. It was such a feat for me as an actor to drown that woman in the bath!"

Imagine being that guy that wears his underwear over his clothes in the Cash Crusader ads. Somehow he just doesn't pull it off like Superman does. (And believe it or not I know that guy! He was in my high school...) Or being that woman who has such a dirty toilet, or worse even, being one of those 2 dudes that are so enthusaistic about Harpic toilet cleaner.

I think probably the worst job (for that person's mother anyway) is:
"So what do you do?"
(Proudly) "I'm the model on the condom packet!"

These people really must get paid a lot.

No comments: