Monday, 07 May 2007

Definition of a "Good Day"

I would classify today as a good day. Good because, even though it's Monday, work is quiet and relaxed and I've already done most of what I need to do today. Good because my manager gave me a good rating for my first ever performance appraisal. Good because my back is nearly back to normal - after an over-exerting run on Saturday I was in agony with a sprained or pulled muscle, fearing something much worse. Good, because socially we had a very successful and enjoyable weekend. Good because we want to go see SPIDERMAN 3 today.

But most of all this is a GOOD DAY because I discovered more money in my account than expected. A rarety I think in anyone's life. My company paid me more than I expected. Suddenly the possibilities are endless. The beauty of a strict budget (as we are following at the moment) is that any little bit extra can be used for anything your heart desires. Not for emergency groceries, or that doctor's bill that needs to be paid, or the cambelt that needs replacing. You budget for all of those. This money could evolve into a romantic weekend away, a new addition to your wardrobe, a bigger birthday present for your husband...

No comments: