Tuesday, 02 October 2007

Did you miss me?

Feels like I haven't blogged in ages. My absence has been due to a number of reasons. Firstly I think I am currently suffering from a mild case of blogger's block. Yip. I just cannot seem to find anything profound or exciting or interesting to write about. Or maybe all the profound stuff that I want to write about is not something I necessarily want to share with the entire blogosphere. Nonetheless, I hope this will pass soon...

To add to that I was off work for a couple of days last week, entertaining my family who came to visit for a few days. And then, in a surprising twist of fate, work has actually been busy. "Busy" is quite a loose term, though, and includes chatting to friends online and uploading photos on Facebook. So there. But I don't need to make any excuses to anybody anyway. Right? I am doing this for me. This is Gnome's Gnomeland in which Gnome can do as Gnome pleases.

Blah blah blah. Am I waffling?

So I'm sure you are all dying to know what happened to my performance appraisal. Are you? Or have you already forgotten? HA. Well either way I'm gonna tell you. It went super well. My boss is really pleased with me, and I jumped up from a 2.4 (out of 5) to a 4.1 (out of 5)! Yay for hard-working Gnome. I really am chuffed with myself. I tried to peek at the other people's scores (nothing like a little healthy competition), but only caught a slight glimpse of a 3.something somewhere (WOOHOO). Whatever my colleagues' scores were, at least I beat myself - hands down.

So the time with my family was just so wonderful. We had the coolest day on Friday (it was finally sunny) - packed with activities from morning til night. I really like being around my family. They're really some of the only people I can truly be myself around. Most of the time anyway. I am, however, enjoying peeing with the door open, having fart contests with my husband whenever we feel like it, and walking around naked* again now that they're gone.

The only less desirable side effect was that the time with my relatives was one big FEAST. Instant gratification, delayed depression. It all went pear-shaped when they arrived and we scoffed pizza for dinner (got a great deal at Scooters - 5 large pizzas for R 105, since one lady - who was vegetarian - ordered Hawaiian [with HAM] by mistake)**. It was just downhill from there. Chocolates, cheese, more chocolates and more cheese. Picnics with cheese and chocolates for dessert. I think you get the picture. And we went out for dinner. And conveniently didn't have time to run in the evenings. So this week, people, I am eating less. No chocolates and cheese. Had a piece of cake on Monday though... Right. Starting today. Or maybe tomorrow. Still have some chocolates to finish...

*The journey from the bathroom to the bedroom is but a short one.
**Did you know that Debonaires doesn't seem to have BANANAS on their pizzas anymore?! I am totally never going to Debonaires ever again. Bananas on pizza rock.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should enjoy those great moments with your family - that's what makes life worth living.
And congrats on the great KPA!

St John's/Bethlehem said...

I know I know I know Toby! I don't think I would usually complain about it, but we have a dance at church on Saturday - a Masked Ball nogal - and I have to fit into my Matric dance dress...

LT said...

It looked like you guys had a ball!!!

It's good to get everyone together, so don't feel bad, because of the "naughty" treats you had

Anonymous said...

Scooters is way better than Debs...
I love the double bacon with extra cheese...oh yummm! No I want pizza too!

Thanks a lot Gnome...

Welcome back and congrats on your appraisal. :-D

Unknown said...

Congrats Gnome!!!!!!
BANANAS on PIZZA are GROSS, DUDE!!!! I LOVE DEBONAIRS!! YUMMY!