Monday, 08 October 2007

Butternut soup for the soul

I might as well be living in London.

You would never say this is South Africa in spring. Real soup weather. If only I could find a decent butternut soup recipe. I have been craving butternut soup since the last spell of rainy weather. I went through ALL our recipes books at home, and found no decent recipe. Today I have been on the Net for hours trying to locate a nice one, but they're all funny - either American (with funny ingredients), or they've got apple in it (apple in soup?!), or it's a whole long list of ingredients. I've really been on so many sites. Does no one have a simple butternut soup recipe for me? My mom has a brilliant one, but I am almost sure she is not at home*.

What is the Internet for, if not for THIS very reason.

Someone get me a SIMPLE butternut soup recipe!

Obviously the word "simple" is not very well known to your average butternut soup recipe inventor. All these recipes that claim to be "simple" have the most ingredients of all! And weird ones like leeks and fresh coriander. I'm looking for a simple one, people. Who has leeks lying around? Or fresh coriander growing in their garden? And no. Jamie Oliver does not count.

Maybe we should just have pea soup.

Oh wait.

I don't have a recipe for that either.

*As I feared, she is, in fact, not there (in my desperation I have even risked making private calls to Cape Town from work just to get a damn recipe for butternut soup...).

1 comment:

LT said...

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/15657

I hope this helps :)