Wednesday, 09 January 2008

Fear

It's become increasingly clear to me that most problems stem from or involve fear. I wouldn't really term myself a fearful person, but at closer inspection it becomes frightfully (excuse the pun) obvious that I am very afraid. Of a lot of things. I'm afraid to do something wrong at work. I'm afraid that I won't find a job when we move. I'm afraid of losing my husband. I'm afraid of interactions with strangers. I'm afraid of not being able to fall pregnant. I'm afraid of falling pregnant. I'm afraid of not making any more good friends in my life. Afraid afraid afraid...

People in this country are afraid as a collective. Afraid of crime. Afraid that Jacob Zuma might be the next president. Afraid they won't get a job because of their skin colour. Afraid afraid afraid...

Fear is not from God, however.

I hold onto that hope.

No comments: