Tuesday, 15 January 2008

Coversations in my head

I often have conversations in my head with people that are in my life. Ten to one these conversations never happen. And if they do, I usually don't say what I said in my head. In my head I am eloquent and expressive; I can talk for hours about one topic - telling all details. In my head. When I'm sitting in front of the person I suddenly don't seem to have that much to say. Suddenly my story doesn't seem as significant as it did when I was saying it in my head... I usually have these conversations when I'm running. Occasionally I will have an involuntary conversation while I'm sitting in the car, or trying to understand VAT. I mostly have conversations with friends. Sometimes with colleagues, my parents... Sometimes with some unknown stranger. A lot of the time it's about the most random of things. How inconsistent my running has been lately, the gory details of my venture into bookkeeping studies... All the stuff that, perhaps, I can't seem to share with anyone. Perhaps I sound a little ungrateful... It goes without saying, of course, that my husband is always there to listen to my ramblings. ALWAYS. And goodness knows I ramble to him. And I have friends. Many good ones. But I miss having that one friend. You know. That once in a lifetime kind of friend... Perhaps it is too much to ask. Like a luxury. Not something that you really NEED. Just something that's nice to have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This design is spectacular! You most certainly know how to
keep a reader entertained. Between your wit and your
videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.
..HaHa!) Fantastic job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that,
how you presented it. Too cool!

Here is my page: seo a website