Wednesday, 12 December 2007

Gobbledigook

I actually haven’t written for a whole week! It feels like so much has happened that nothing really has happened. Can that even make sense to anyone? It’s like when you haven’t seen someone in AGES; so much has happened to you in between, but after you have imparted the seemingly important bits such as what you do job-wise, that you’re married and where you live etc, there seems to be nothing left to say… Even though there is obviously an ocean of experiences that you both have encountered you have to wade into the murky pool of small talk…

I seem to be off on a tangent once again.

Basically I’ve been pretty sick. Had fever for the first time in my life (and it was HORRIBLE). I’ve been away from work for a couple of days now. Today is first day back. I’ve been having quite some fun at work today – there’s been a lot of work to do, and it was really cool being busy and useful again after lounging in bed for the better part of 4 whole days. We rearranged the shop a little, made more space for the magazines and stationery. It’s all very exciting. (Gosh, doesn't take much, does it...)

AND my Well Done certificate* arrived. I’m not sure what they think this MS Word-created, printed on cheap cardboard, with clip art pics template of a document is going to do for my morale, but the fact that they spelt my name wrong has made me think the idea is even more ridiculous. It’s probably for prestige and honour or something. They’ll probably want me to frame it. BLEH. I’ve learnt that certificates are really nothing more than a waste of trees. I’ve even got one that says “Masters Degree” on it. They really should have left that tree standing. Let it help with global warming or something.

Da-di-da.

I feel like I’m beating around the bush a little here. In the past 2 weeks my husband and I have heard a few pieces of tragic and shocking news. Some have left us numb, hurt and very upset. They are not my stories to tell, however.

Things are getting very Christmassy here. It’s nearly the middle of December and I haven’t even thought of Christmas gifts yet. Oops. At least we got our huge chunk of gammon yesterday.

So did you hear that Jake White’s book is selling faster than the last Harry Potter?! That is just incredible! Jake White is so clever. The way he timed everything! We have copies of the book in stock. We haven’t sold a single copy yet…

*After repeatedly being nominated for Employee of the Month (which includes a voucher from Pick n Pay for R 1000) unsuccessfully, I think they thought they would just shut me up with this Well Done certificate.

No comments: