Friday, 14 December 2007

Nothing of consequence

I woke up this morning hoping against hope that it was the weekend.

It wasn’t.

This day has but d r a g g e d on. I’m so tired. The other day we had dinner with our friends who are leaving this sorry town for the holidays. Before we knew it we were on Smirnoff Storm number 3 (not to mention glass of wine and G&T before that…), and suddenly it was midnight and I was sipping (involuntarily) on a huge glass of wine. I just don’t know how it happened. Good food, good company… Somehow we just got a little carried away. So not planned…

Yah. So Thursday was a little fragile for all of us…

So we have this new guy working here now, replacing my favourite colleague. The new guy’s really nice, but he’s just not the old guy. He is really such an eager beaver. Seriously. I mean, when the phone rings and he’s busy making coffee he’ll sprint from the kitchen to answer it, shouting “I’ve got it!”. I hope his enthusiasm wanes soon because just looking at him makes me tired. I mean, I of the Well Done Certificate: I work hard. But this guy is just over the top. He never takes his full hour of lunch. Dude – you have a whole hour break – TAKE IT PLEASE.

And then he talks really softly. I was making tea today and he was standing like 5m away mumbling something. It was only after 30 seconds that I realised he was actually speaking to me (trying to anyway) – over the roar of the kettle. I was like: “Huh?! Are you speaking to me?”.

Somehow he makes me feel bad for doing other things when there’s no work to do. Like I feel so bad for checking my Gmail, or reading blogs. I don’t even DARE go on Facebook.

Does it seem to you that lately I haven’t had anything profound to say? Definitely feels like that to me. Maybe I’m a little tired of all the seriousness of life right now. I sometimes just don’t feel like dwelling on problems and/or philosophical questions. From now on I’m going to just talk about frivolous things like shopping and soft-spoken colleagues.

Don’t you LOVE make-overs? I’d say I’m a bit of a make-over junkie. Any kind of make-over. Home, extreme, weight loss – WHATEVER. I love love love that before and after stuff. Wish someone would give me a make over. I’m not very good with fashion, and what looks good on me etc. My husband is my senior fashion consultant.

Ramble ramble blah blah

What gives you the idea that I am so bored at work today. I wanna go hoooooome. And eat burgers and chips and watch movies. It’s a loooong weekend!!!

No comments: